Amazon Search Bar

Friday, September 9, 2011

The 165th Annual Canfield Fair

The Canfield Fair in Canfield, Ohio is a big Deal. It is always August 31st thru Labor Day. Check them out here www.canfieldfair.com and here @canfieldfair  People come from all over. I've been going ever since I could remember and I'm, um....34? Yup 34, I just checked with my wife. I have fond memories of my mom and dad taking me to the Canfield Fair with my brother and sister eating Footlongs and elephant ears and Riding the big slide, or walking through the Livestock Barns and looking at the Cows, Roosters, Lamb, Horses, Rabbits playing the very unfair, fair games and of course the Largest Squash Contest. I know none of that was a coherent sentence, but that's what it feels like when I try to remember it or when I first walk into the gates. I didn't even list everything at the fair (I'll need material for next year). As I grew old enough to drive my brother, sister and I would hit the grounds on our own and meet friends. Not so many rides, but much more food. We'd close the place down every night. The most awesome thing about the Canfield Fair these past few years is my son, Dominic. My wife and I get to see him experience all the same things That I've come to enjoy from the Fair. It makes my so happy just watching him eating footlongs and elephant ears and Riding the big slide, or walking through the Livestock Barns and looking at the Cows, Roosters, Lamb, Horses, Rabbits and of course the Largest Squash Contest. Now that it is over I can't wait for next year.
The surrounding communities, Canfield included have a great deal of Italian Roots. So there tend to be more than a few stromboli, calzone & sausage sandwich stands. 




There are also plenty of Lemon Shake Stands

This is one of the many alleys featuring food.

Bloomin' Potatoes are very thinly sliced potato chips all connected. Think of Arby's curly fries but as a big long chip.



Another Italian Cuisine Stand.


Another Steak Hoagie & Sausage Sandwich Stand.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, Eli's Famous Bar-B-Que Ribs are the best at the Fair. You can choose between hot or mild. Order by the dinner or by the bone. They always fall off the bone. If you missed them this year, again, their restaurant is located in Warren, Ohio. 


They were delicious.


This is Dirusso's Sausage Sandwich Stand. Find them at http://www.dirussos.com/ This is my favorite.  



Those are some big Squashes



Apple Contest


Gotta get a funnel cake if you are at a fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment