Amazon Search Bar

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Johnno's Pizza and Calzones

So, we had dinner over my dads house last night. He made pepperoni calzones, potato calzones and flat green pepper pizza. Again, I'd love to tell you that my dad coughed up all of these recipes, measurements and cooking times, however, surprise he did not. I will tell you, through my relentless reconnaissance I have Discovered just a few of this recipe ingredients. He uses cornmeal on the pizza paddle to slide the dough off of it onto the pizza stone that he keeps in the oven. Although, he has made the dough from scratch for, he does keep the affordable, ready to use pizza dough on hand for when he needs to whip up a few pies.  Some people prefer very thick, doughy calzones but I do not. The calzones that my dad made had a very thin dough crust to them.  On some portions of the calzone and had a crisp toasted flavor to them, very pleasant surprise. The pizza was a serious thin crust pizza.  The very edges were toasted deliciousness. I ate about six calzones and two pieces of pizza









No comments:

Post a Comment